1. Which was Soumitra Chattopadhyay’s first film?
Release date: 1 May 1959 (India)
2. Which of these awards was given to Soumitra Chattopadhyay by the Government of India in 2004?
Soumitra Chattopadhyay was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 2004
3. Where was Soumitra Chattopadhyay born?
4. Soumitra and Nirmalya Acharya started a little magazine in 1961. What was the name of this magazine?
5. For this little magazine he had designed its inaugural page cover. He had also suggested the magazine’s name to Soumitra? Who was he?
Satyajit Ray had suggested this name. He also made the cover designs of this magazine.
6. Catherine Berge, the French film director has made a documentary on Soumitra. What is the name of this documentary?
7. Soumitra Chattopadhyay graduated with honours in Bengali. From which college?
8. Which was Soumitra’s first film with Sharmila Tagore?
9. What was the name of Soumitra as the villain in Jhinder Bandi?
10. Which of these Soumitra films is not directed by Satyajit Ray?
Ganadevata was directed by Tarun Majumdar