It is Maha Saptami! Durgotsav has started. People are wearing new clothes. They have to go to the pandal. It is time to offer pushpanjali on Saptami and get the blessings of Maa Durga.
While you celebrate Durga Puja here, do not forget to send good wishes to them who are far away. We have assorted beautiful Sapatmi ecards. Feel free to send and wish them joy.
However how can we celebrate Durgotsav without a good feast? Here is a great list of all the food that we can eat in Kolkata. If you are keeping a vegetarian diet, do not worry, there are many great dishes in most of these places.
It is not possible to cover all the best foods in the heaven of food. However, if we have missed any, let us know. We will be glad to put it up here.
- Phuchka Vivekananda Park or Gariahat
- Biriyani and Roll at Arsalan/Zeeshan/Nizam/Shiraz/Royal
- Nahoum and Sons Bakery at New Market
- Daab Chingri and bhetki paturi in Kewpies
- Sandesh of Bhim Chandra Nag/Girish Chandra Dey/Sen Mahasay
- Pitha from Nakur Nandy
- Peter Cat Chelo Kebab
- Sharma’s kachori
- radha ballavi with alur torkari from the street shops
- Momo at New Market/outside Rabindra Sadan metro station
- Mishti Doi at Amrita/Bheem Nag
- Kosha Mangsho with porota at Golbari
- Beef steak at olypub
- Ice cream sandesh of Balaram Mullick
- Macher item from Bhojohori Manna
- Fish/roll/cutlets at Mitra Cafe
- Chingri malaikari at Kasturi
- Breakfast at Flurry’s
- China Town for drums of heaven among many others
- Coffee house – just for coffee and heritage
- Aaheli for Bengali thali
- Banana Leaf for South Indian dishes
- Bar BQ for continental dishes
- Prawn cutlet at Allen kitchen
- Mutton kosha and Fish Kabiraji cutlet at Anadi Cabin
- More super Chinese food at Denzong Kitchen
- Uttapam at Ralli’s
- Fish cutlets, kebabs, kabiraji at Kalika
- Snacks and sweets at maharani
- See the list of the best puja pandals in Kolkata
- Do you remember Soumitra Chattopadhyay in this old Durga Pujor ad?
- Five less known facts on Durga Puja
- Wishing you a very happy Sashti