NEET 2020 cutoff and results are now released by NTA (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) on it’s official website. Qualified students who have taken NEET this year will now wait for the MCC counselling to start soon. If you are planning for NEET 2021, this blog will help you to get an idea about the top Medical colleges going around in India. There are currently 1650 medical colleges in India, out of which 511 of them offer MBBS courses and about 600 of them offer postgraduate medical courses. Proceeding further into the blog and you will find top 15 medical colleges as per NIRF Rankings, details about the colleges, and NEET 2020 Closing Rank. This will help you to understand the competition, and the hard work required to be among those successful aspirants.
NEET 2020 – Top 15 Government & Private Medical Colleges
Mentioned below are the top 15 government and private medical colleges which are participating in NEET 2020. You can take entry to these colleges if you are planning the exam next year. The ranks may vary a bit next year but the overall quality will be the same in these colleges. We have also mentioned the Learning & Graduate Outcomes as per NIRF 2020 ratings.
|College Names||NIRF 2020 Rank||Graduate Outcome Ratings||Learning Ratings|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||1||83.25||92.69|
|Christian Medical College||3||97.02||82.96|
|National Institute of Mental Health & Neuro Sciences||4||78.39||87.05|
|Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||7||84.59||75.74|
|Kasturba Medical College||9||84.42||67.41|
|Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital (MMCGGH)||12||98.06||72.68|
|St. John's Medical College||14||84.98||72.22|
|Aligarh Muslim University||15||87.00||66.90|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||17||80.40||69.43|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth||24||78.60||71.73|
|M. S. Ramaiah Medical College||30||74.57||75.28|
|Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute||40||67.26||67.64|
We also thought of mentioning a brief details about some of these participating colleges in NEET 2020 below:
1. AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) was established by the government in 1956 under the act of parliament. AIIMS offers medical and para-medical courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate level with patient care and best teaching faculty. As MBBS is a UG course so candidates are eligible for campus placement, they can open their own clinic. Also, AIIMS is a leading institution in the field of medical research with NIRF Ranking
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh was established by Tulsi Das in 1962 with main focus to provide educational facilities for the training of the personnel. PGIMER offers an undergraduate and postgraduate degree course in medical, para-medical and nursing with best training facilities. College doesn’t provide the placement but students who graduate from PGIMER will definitely get a good job with high stipend and job security in both private or Government sector. According to the NIRF Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, it comes under the 2nd ranking.
3. CMC (Christian Medical College and hospital) ,Vellore was established in 1918 under the act of parliament. The college offers many undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses and focuses on the areas of medicine, surgery and nursing. CMC used to conduct their own exam before NEET and more than 80% seats are reserved for church sponsored candidates. After the completion of the programme CMC, also provides the internship for 1 year with around Rs. 19000 to 25000/- stipend per month. Also, according to the NIRF Ranking CMC is on no.3rd.
4. Institutes of medical sciences, BHU has provided three institutes for various courses- institute of medicine (MBBS, B.SC, PH. D), dental sciences (BDS AND MDS) Courses and Ayurveda (BAMS, B. pharm, MD, MS) with specialization in Ayurveda. Presently, it has 33 departments of modern medicine including 10 super specialty departments with NIRF Ranking 6th. Also, it was mandatory to do an internship as there is not any placement cell.
5. Kasturba medical college, Manipal was established in 1953. The college is present across the country and provides MBBS courses with post graduate medical courses and super specialty courses in MS/MD/DM/M.SC. according to the NIRF ranking KMS is on no 7th Also, it provides internships to their students.
NEET 2020 Closing Ranks at some of the Top Medical Colleges in India
Mentioned here are the NEET 2020 closing ranks and cutoff marks at some of the top medical colleges of India. You can refer to this information to understand the level of competition in this field and take decisive steps for taking up the exam in future.
|Names||NEET 2020 Closing Rank||Cut off Marks|
|Maulana Azad Medical College - Delhi||32||687|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital - Delhi||157||675|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College - Delhi||489||661|
|University College of Medical Sciences - Delhi||171||675|
|PT. B.D. SHARMA Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (Rohtak, Haryana)||1825||638|
|Kalpana Chawla Govt. Medical College (Karnal, Haryana)||4355||618|
|Coimbatore Medical College (TN)||6315||607|
|Calcutta National Medical College||6275||607|
The above-mentioned top colleges offer courses in the field of medical with a variation range of fees and the availability of seats in the respective program, along with variation in the placement opportunities. These colleges are participating in NEET 2020 counselling and therefore you can look up to them to study medical courses in the future.