1. The first Bengali talkie was made in 1931. What is the name of the film?
Dena Paona. Based on a novel by Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay, it is called as the first Bengali talkie film.
2. In 1932, Rabindranath Tagore made a film. What was the name of that film?
Natir Puja (The dancing girl's worship) is the only film which Rabindranath Tagore has directed.
3. Chhabi Biswas played the role of a zamindar in Jalsaghar. On whose story was the film made?
Jalsaghar was based on a short story by Tarasankar Bandyopadhyay.
4. This film was made in 1957on the life of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Soumitra Chatterjee was rejected in this film’s screen test which made him to debut in Apur Sansar. What is the name of this film?
Nilachaley Mahaprabhu was the film made on Chaitanya Mahaprabhu about his years in Nilachal the shrine of Jagannath at Puri.
5. Arun Kumar Chatterjee is one the greatest and most popular actors of Bengali cinema. By what name do we more popularly know him?
Uttam Kumar was born on 3 September 1926 and was named as Arun Kumar Chatterjee.
6. In which film do we first see the Suchitra -Uttam duo?
The first Suchitra-Uttam appearance was in Sarey Chuattor
7. Molina Debi is the wife of which famous Bengali actor?
Molina Debi & Gurudas Banerjee were a real life couple.
8. Tapan Sinha's Golpo Holeo Sotti was remade in Hindi by Hrishikesh Mukherjee. What was the name of the Hindi film?
Golpo Holeyo Sotti was remade as Bawarchi and Rajesh Khanna played the role of Rabi Ghosh.
9. Who wrote the story of Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne?
Satyajit Ray’s grandfather Upendra Kishore Roychowdhury had written the story of Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne.
10. Harindranath Chattopadhyay is immortalized to us as Sidhu Jyetha. But he also had a sister whom India will never forget. Who was she?
Sarojini Naidu and Harindranath Chattopadhyay were siblings.
Share your Results: