Are you also an admirer of the legendary Soumitra Chattopadhyay? Let us find out by this quiz. Here is a set of ten questions about the master. How many can you answer correctly? To see if you answered correctly check the bottom of the page.
So here is the quiz on our beloved actor Soumitra Chattopadhyay.
- Which was Soumitra Chattopadhyay’s first film?
a. Jhinder Bandi
b. Pather Panchali
d. Apur Sansar
2. Which of these awards was given to Soumitra Chattopadhyay by the Government of India in 2004?
a. Padma Bhushan
b. Padma Vibhushan
c. Padma Shri
d. Param Veer Chakra
- Where was Soumitra Chattopadhyay born?
- Soumitra and Nirmalya Acharya started a little magazine in 1961. What was the name of this magazine?
a. Aaj ar Kal
c. Moner Kotha
- For this little magazine he had designed its inaugural page cover. He had also suggested the magazine’s name to Soumitra? Who was he?
a. Mrinal Sen
b. Ahindra Choudhury
c. Satyajit Ray
d. Sisir Bhaduri
- Catherine Berge, the French film director has made a documentary on Soumitra. What is the name of this documentary?
- Soumitra Chattopadhyay graduated with honours in Bengali. From which college?
a. St. Xavier’s College
b. City College
c. Ashutosh College
d. Scottish Church College
- Which was Soumitra’s first film with Sharmila Tagore?
b. Apur Sansar
c. Aranyer Din Ratri
- What was the name of Soumitra as the villain in Jhinder Bandi?
- Which of these Soumitra films is not directed by Satyajit Ray?
a. Ghare Baire
d. Ashani Sanket
Scroll below for answers.
- Did you know Soumitra pleaded to take him as Goopy Gayen?
- Soumitra, Satyajit, Rabindranath and Kishore Kumar- together!!
- Soumitra’s old detective films
Image credits: telegraphindia.com, The Big Indian Picture, Filmfare
- Apur Sansar was Soumitra Chattopadhyay’s first film
- Soumitra Chattopadhyay was honoured with the Padma Bhushan in 2004
- Soumitra Chattopadhyay was born in Krishnanagar
- The little magazine was named as Ekkhon
- Satyajit Ray had suggested this name. He also made the cover designs of this magazine
- The documentary is called Gaach.
- Soumitra Chattopadhyay studied in City College
- In Apur Sansar we see Soumitra debut with Sharmila Tagore
- Soumitra was called Mayurbahan
- Ganadevata was directed by Tarun Majumdar